Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Avoiding Passive Voice

Lately, I've been writing numerous articles for Demand Studios. Writing for DS is much easier than it used to be since I've mastered the styles of several formats. I also tend to write in select categories, so I'm quickly building an expertise on certain topics, which makes writing much faster.

However, I've found that I still struggle with using passive voice. A couple CE's were kind enough to mention this to me while still approving my articles. One recommended I use a passive voice checker online to help streamline my writing. The 'To-Be Verbs Analyzer' helps to identify all the 'to-be' verbs in a given document. Although not all instances of to-be are passive voice, most are, and writing in a more active voice translates into better writing.

So, if you're wondering what you can do to improve your writing, try out the analyzer. It's free and might help you better identify passive voice, leading to richer quality articles. I plan on checking all of my articles with this tool from now on!

Have you ever struggled with using passive voice? What did you do to overcome it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails