Friday, August 20, 2010

Suite Changes

Suite 101 recently made some changes to its contributing writers program. I was pleasantly surprised to find out 1) the 10 article quota has been done away with and 2) the restriction on voice has been removed.

What does this mean for the Suite 101 writer?

For those of us who write for Suite 101, we no longer have to figure out how many articles we've written over the last 12 weeks or worry about being fired due to not writing. This is good news for those who wish to diversify and work on some other writing site besides Suite 101, yet still retain writing privileges for Suite. I was getting tired of trying to figure out when I needed to have my articles done by and then rushing to complete them. The new rules will make the articles I do decide to write of better quality since I won't be pressed for time.

In the past, all articles for Suite 101 had to be written in the third person. Now, the use of second, and even first, person is allowed. This will make some articles flow much better since inserting the words 'he or she' all the time can make an article read awkwardly. Some writers, who previously struggled with writing in third person, might find they are able to write more articles at a faster pace than was possible before.

All in all, I think the new changes are good for writers and for Suite. I'll probably end up writing more articles there simply because I like to use the word 'you'!

What do you think of the new changes to Suite 101? How do you will it affect your writing and productivity on the site?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails